What happens if I have received a grant and am unable to complete my studies due to COVID-19?

If your studies are interrupted by the current pandemic, we will not be asking you to return any grant funds you have received from us.

Who can apply for a grant?

Both individuals and community organisations.  The benefit must be for residents of parishes of  either Bierton or Hulcott – this is how Mike & Claire Griffin set the charitable trust up and the trustees must follow the scope set out in the Trust.

How do I apply for a grant?

There are two grant application forms on this website.  If you are in further education applying for a student or apprentice grant there is a specific application form for you, the other form should be used for all other applications.

What information do I need to apply to a grant?

The majority of our funding will require the following supporting documentation:

  • Proof of address – as a resident of Bierton or Hulcott.
  • Proof of bank account information, such as a paying in slip, bank statement or letter from the bank on branded letterhead with the bank account name, sort code and account number that the payment is to be made to.
  • If applying for a student grant you will also require proof of enrolment at the educational institution.  For first year this can be the offer letter.  For subsequent years proof of enrolment letter dated in the current academic year.
Are there deadlines for applications?

For grant applications there are no deadlines.

For student grants we accept grant applications from 1st August – 31st December of the Academic year of study.  For example, for the academic year 2020/21 please apply between 1st August 2020 – 31st December 2020.

Can I discuss my proposed application before filling in the form?

Yes.  In the first instance please email your query to griffintrustees@gmail.com and one of the trustees will be in touch to answer any questions and help you complete your application.

How soon will I know if my application has been successful?

For general grant applications we aim to have all applications assessed by our grants committee and agreed by all Trustees.  We will be in touch with you as soon as possible but certainly within 8 weeks of receiving the application.


Student Grants are assessed in September.  You will be asked to provide supporting documentation through October and payments will be made by the end of November of the academic year.

Are there any age limits on who can apply?

No, the Trust welcomes grant applications from all inhabitants of Bierton and Hulcott whatever your age!

How can I make contact with the Trustees?

By email:


By Post:
The Mike & Claire Griffin Charitable Trust
16 Holts Green
Great Brickhill
Milton Keynes
MK17 9AJ